1 CISP DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
1 Cooperative Insurance System of the Philippines Life and General Insurance hereinafter referred to as ( “1CISP”, “we”, or “us”) is an insurance cooperative duly organized under the laws of the Philippines, with principal office address at 80 Malakas St., Brgy. Pinyahan, Central District, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines.
This Data Privacy Statement serves as an assurance to our owner-members hereinafter referred to as (“you”) that we are taking seriously the level of data protection in processing your personal data in compliance to the standard prescribed by Republic Act no. 10173, otherwise known as the “Data Privacy Act”.
The sections below state the manner on how 1CISP collects, uses, maintains, and protects your personal data.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
What we may collect from you
- Date of birth;
- Civil Status;
- Email address;
- Phone number; and
- Any information that would allow 1CISP to contact you and evaluate your insurance application.
Sensitive Personal Information
- Medical status (with given consent from the member).
What we may collect from your beneficiary
- Date of Birth;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Proof of relation to the insured; and
- Any information that would allow 1CISP to contact your beneficiary and evaluate your insurance claim.
How we are collecting your information
- Processing of your insurance applications;
- Availment of 1CISP’s services;
- Communications and correspondence with our employees-whether in written, verbal, or through electronic means;
- Footage from our CCTV cameras; and
- Personal Information may also be obtained from third parties and other sources which have obtained your prior consent for disclosure or when 1CISP is legally allowed to acquire such information.
II. ACTUAL USAGE
Why we collect your personal data and how it may be used
- To perform 1CISP’s obligations under its engagement agreement with its member-owners;
- To provide its members reliable insurance products;
- To assist beneficiary/ies by giving the insurance claim benefit;
- To assess the right applicant for vacant positions;
In the course of delivering its services and fulfilling its responsibilities, 1CISP may engage the services of third-party service providers. In doing so, certain personal information is required to be disclosed for legitimate business concerns and as may be necessary to provide its members with our services. 1CISP will never share, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties, except as otherwise stated above or unless otherwise permitted under the Data Privacy Law.
The personal information gathered may be used as is or further processed solely for the purpose of performing our obligations and responsibilities to our owner-members.
Organizational, physical and technical security measures are maintained, enforced and implemented at all times to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
How we protect your data
The security measures of 1CISP include, but are not limited to the following:
- The processing of the personal information is limited to the extent necessary to deliver the services offered and/or made available by 1CISP;
- Specific employees are assigned in keeping the physical information of 1CISP member-owners;
- 1CISP’s server is equipped with firewall, data encryption, anti-virus, and other appropriate security controls;
- Regular audits are conducted to ensure the security of collected personal information;
- 1CISP personnel are regularly oriented regarding the appropriate level of data privacy protection; and
- All information-physical and soft copy- is kept in a secured facility in the vicinity of 1CISP office.
How long we will keep your personal information
Your personal information will be retained by 1CISP until it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose/s for which it was obtained and for an additional period of ten (10) years thereafter. After which, the data will be anonymized and utilized solely for statistical purposes.
What are your rights?
In accordance with the Data Privacy Law, we shall respect and uphold your rights as data subjects. For more information about your rights, kindly refer to the National Privacy Commission’s webpage at https://privacy.gov.ph/know-your-rights/.
1CISP hereby reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement to comply with government and regulatory requirements, to adapt to new technologies, to align with industry practices, or for other legitimate purposes. Rest assured that you will be apprised if the amendments are significant.
Date: July 15, 2018